Moose River Environmental Lab, LLC helps Home Inspectors, Realtors, Well-Drilling Companies, Plumbers & Other Professionals by generating fast, accurate radon air and water quality test results. We provide a quick turn-around time in an effort to help you meet the immediate needs of your customers.
Test kits can be ordered in bulk for professionals who'd like to keep them on hand for their customers. We even include convenient return packaging so you can send the samples right to us when you or your customer are ready.
Packages and Available Tests
- Microbiological - Total Coliform and E.Coli
Microbiological testing analyzes whether or not Coliform and E.coli are present in the water source. It is recommended to perform microbiological testing annually to confirm your water supply is potable and free of harmful bacteria.
- FHA/VA/RD/HUD Package - (Total Coliform, E.coli, Nitrate, Nitrite, Lead
This package meets the demands of most lending institutions for water quality testing.
- Basic Package - Alkalinity, Chloride, Hardness, Manganese, Nitrate, Nitrite, pH
The basic water testing package will provide insight into the quality of your drinking water.
- Basic Package (with microbiological) - Same as "Basic Package", in addition to Total Coliform and E.coli
- Cosmetic and Conditioning Package - Alkalinity, Calcium, Chloride, Hardness, pH, Iron, Manganese, Potassium, Sodium, Sulfate, Uranium
The cosmetic and conditioning package provides valuable information on the efficacy of your filtration and/or water treatment system(s). This package is also helpful in determining what elements are causing the discoloration, scaling, sediment, odor, and/or other cosmetic/aesthetic qualities of you water and what system(s) may be needed.
- Common Health Package - Total Coliform, E.coli, Arsenic, Fluoride, Lead, Nitrate, Nitrite, Uranium
The common health package includes common parameters which can affect your health if present (or over the EPA suggested limit) in your water supply.
- Comprehensive Package - Total Coliform, E.coli, Alkalinity, Arsenic, Chloride, Copper, Fluoride, Hardness, Iron, Lead, Manganese, Nitrate, Nitrite, pH
The package provides a comprehensive report on the quality of your drinking water.
- VT DOH A11-5 & A11-7 - Total Coliform, E.coli, Nitrate, Nitrite, Arsenic, Chloride, pH, Iron, Manganese, Sodium, Odor, Uranium
This test satisfies the Vermont Dept. of Health requirements for water source analysis for commercial use locations.
- Radon in Air
Short term (48hr-96hr) radon in air kit for home owners and real estate transactions.
- Radon in Water
Radon in water testing is recommended every 3-5 years, or more regularly if your home has elevated radon in air levels.
- Gross Alpha
The VT DOH recommends testing for gross alpha every 5 years. This test provides insight on the total radioactive concentration of your water supply and will indicate if additional testing is necessary.
- First Draw Lead
First draw lead tests the lead levels of your domestic plumbing supply. Older homes with copper piping may have lead-based solder that can leach into the water supply.